Monday, August 20, 2012

My Writing Inspiration

Today, I want to share with you all some of the works (books or not) that have inspired my writing of The Starcrafters' Saga, among other stories.



    Those are just some of the books that inspired my writing. (I couldn't fit my brother's box set of The Chronicles of Narnia into the picture).
    Other books that inspired the writing of various stories, including my horror Point of Darkness, are Travis Thrasher's Solitary Tales; Ted Dekker's Skin, House, Boneman's Daughters, The Paradise Novels; Eric Wilson's Jerusalem's Undead Trilogy; Jerry B. Jenkin's and Tim Lahaye's Left Behind: The Young Trib Force; Robert Liparulo's Dreamhouse Kings Series; Bryan Davis' Echoes From the Edge series; Tom Pawlik's Vanish, and Valley of the Shadow; Estevan Vega's Arson; Suzanne Collins' The Hunger Games Trilogy; Veronica Roth's Divergent Trilogy.
    Those are most of the books that inspired my various writing projects.
    Tell me, in the comments, of some of the authors, books, or movies that inspire your writing, or got you to start writing?

God bless,
Brian

2 comments:

  1. This was a great post idea. I may have to steal it sometime, if you don't mind... ; )
    Really, no one inspired me to start writing. I just did it, starting at age six. It never occurred to me NOT to do it. Writers and works that have inspired my writing since then, though, include L.M. Montgomery's 'Emily of New Moon', C.S. Lewis in general, Martin Luther in general, John Bunyan's 'The Holy War' (even better than The Pilgrim's Progress, if that's possible), and really any book or story or work that has touched me or moved me deeply. The feeling of being touched by characters or the events that happen to them, and most especially the realization that a story has made me see or look at or think about something differently than I did before, is what makes me keep going and striving to be a better writer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. :) Go ahead. I don't mind.
    That's a major part in the stories that inspire me. I love to be touched by a character or his/her situation. Touching characters are a rarity in television, but they come in abundance in a great book. (One of the reasons I prefer books to TV) :)

    ReplyDelete