Saturday, March 23, 2013

"The Darkest Minds" by Alexandra Bracken - A Book Review

    When Ruby woke up on her tenth birthday, everything about her had changed. Something alarming enough to make her parents lock her in the garage and call the police. Something that gets her sent to Thurmond, a brutal government "rehabilitation camp". She might have survived the mysterious disease that's killed most of America's children, but she and the others have emerged with something far worse: frightening abilities they cannot control.
    Now sixteen, Ruby is one of the dangerous ones.

    This book crushed me. Or, should I say, the author crushed me. I got 182 pages into the book after enduring mild scattered language, and BOOM, an S-word comes out of nowhere. I might've missed it had I not reread the section it was in.
    This book was so incredibly written, with great characters and an amazing story, but I am not willing to subject myself to such extreme language.
    This is my personal opinion. And because of this, I have rated this book 2 stars. 
    Now, if you are okay with this kind of content, then by all means, buy this book and read it! It's a great story. Sadly, it's not a clean story.


2 of 5 stars...

God bless,
Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment