Tuesday, October 23, 2012

NaNoWriMo 2012!!! A Month of Writing!

Hey, all!

    So, as I'm sure a lot of you writerly people out there already know, NaNoWriMo begins next month! And for you non-writerly people, NaNoWriMo is short for National Novel Writing Month. The goal of NaNoWrimo is to write a novel (or a portion of a novel, if you would rather it be longer) that contains at least 50,000 words.


    I was involved in NaNoWriMo 2011, but I didn't win. I hope to succeed in writing all 50,000 words this year though. ^_^
    The novel that I am planning on doing this year is Point of Darkness, which will be my first supernatural horror to write. It will also be a standalone novel, so I'm hoping to get a total of 100,000 words.
    If you haven't checked out my Literary Endeavors page, I'll give a brief synopsis.

    Emma, an orphan, is transferred to a creepy orphanage in the middle of nowhere, Turn Around Point. It's run by a creepy old hag. When strange things start happening, she believes that the other orphans might be playing a trick on her - the newbie. But when, in the middle of the night, they awake and act like zombies, Emma begins to suspect that there's more going on than meets the eye.

    What do think? Is that a novel that you would read? Well, I really hope so, because I'm really excited to be writing it! :)
    So, are any of YOU participating in NaNoWriMo this year? Have you already stocked up on much-needed supplies?
    Please, leave a comment below! I love hearing from you! :)

God bless,
Brian

2 comments:

  1. Your book idea does sound cool!
    NanoWrimo is closer than a month - it starts next week!
    I want to be in NanoWrimo... it would be my first time. I'm so excited, but I'm also nervous because I really want to do 50,000 words and still be able to keep up in school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still thinking about doing NaNo. I want to, but I also want to have a life. . .
    We'll see if I sign up in the next week.
    ~Sarah

    www.inklinedwriters.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete