Saturday, May 5, 2012

"Thor" - A Movie Review

Yes! I finally got and watched Marvel's Thor. And... I absolutely LOVED it!!!

    "Thor is the arrogant first-born son of King Odin of Asgard, and the rightful heir to the throne. When Thor commits an act that could lead to war between Asgard and the Frostgiants, with whom they have a very shaky truce, Odin strips Thor of his powers and banishes him to Earth until he learns humility. On Earth, Thor is found by astrophysicist Jane Foster and her team as they study atmospheric disturbances in New Mexico."


    First off, like I said this movie was AMAZING. I loved the story and the cast.
    Thor, arrogant war-seeker, learns what it truly means to be humble and respectful.
     The acting was exceptional, the language was mild, and the violence was as well.
In the way of language, "d*mn" was used a couple times, as was "Oh, my g*d".
    As for violence, it was fairly mild. I would consider it worthy of but a simple PG rating. The Frostgiants' arms would transform into swords of ice, with which they would stab their victims, or slice them. Little to no blood was shown, however. The violence started to grow at the end as the final duel between Loki and Thor progressed, but it remained mild.
    I give this movie a 5/5 star review and I fully recommend it to fans of action-packed superhero movies with lots of special effects.

FIVE OF FIVE STARS

God bless and enjoy if you're planning on watching Thor by Marvel!

2 comments:

  1. Question 1: Did some of the big plot points of this movie seem too easy to you? For instance, after one conversation under the stars, they've fallen in love, and after a hectic day the arrogant self-centered king is suddenly serving breakfast to lowly peasant people. It just felt a little too easy to me.
    Question 2: What were your thoughts on Loki's character? Personally I thought he was the most fascinating character in the movie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Answer 1: Yes, I do remember thinking that their romance seemed a little quick. Though his sudden humility didn't cross my mind, it does come to mind now.
      Answer2: Ah, Loki. I thought that his character was, indeed, fascinating and even found myself hoping that he wasn't the bad guy at some points. :)

      Delete