As I am sure you ALL know (unless you've been living in a cabin in the middle of nowhere, at the center of a planet in outer space... with no calendar, or date tracking device), Christmas is coming up! If you're like my family, you have already sat in front of the TV/fire, drinking hot chocolate whilst watching a heart-warming Christmas movie. If not, it's time to get started! You don't wanna miss out on some family Christmas movie time. That's one of my favorite parts about the holidays.
So, now I am going to list some of my favorite Christmas movies in order of age rage. There will be an Entire Family category, and a 13 and Up category, just to help you choose which movies are appropriate for you and your family.
- The Santa Clause - starring Tim Allen
- Santa Clause 2 - starring Tim Allen
- Santa Clause 3: The Escape Clause - starring Tim Allen
- Fred Clause (Le Frere Noel) - starring Vince Vaughn and Paul Giamatti
- The Christmas Shoes - starring Rob Lowe and Kimberly Williams (this one is a more serious-minded Christmas movie)
- Santa Buddies: The Legend of Santa Paws
- The Christmas Blessing - starring Neil Patrick Harris, Rebecca Gayheart, Angus T. Jones, and Rob Lowe (sequel to The Christmas Shoes, also a more serious-minded movie)
- Prancer Returns - starring John Corbett, Stacy Edwards, Michael O'keefe, and Jack Palance
- The Twelve Dogs of Christmas - starring Jordan-Claire Green and Tom Kemp
13 AND UP
- Holiday Engagement - starring Bonnie Sommerville, Shelley Long, Jordan Bridges, and Haylie Duff
- Christmas with the Kranks - starring Tim Allen and Jamie Lee Curtis. (Some of you may have seen this and wondered why I would put it in this category. But bikinis and speedos... yeah. Other than that, it's a hilarious Christmas comedy!)
- The Christmas Card - starring John Newton, Alice Evans, and Edward Asner (this movie could actually be in either category. I just put it in this one because it is more of a romantice Christmas movie, possibly something that would bore younger children)
I do hope that you decide to look into these movies, because they are indeed fantastic Christmas dramas and/or comedies. One of my personal favorites is The Christmas Card. :)
What are some awesome Christmas and/or Holiday movies that you recommend?