Thursday, February 23, 2012

The Dreadful Disease :O

Yes. I said the dreadful disease. If you're a writer, then you've caught. All writers, everywhere, have caught.
It is...
wait for it...
hang on...
I think I have it somewhere...
ah!...
here it is...
Writer's Block!!!
*dun dun dun*
:O
Writer's block. Everyone hates it. Why? It's that lack of flow of inspiration. And we all know that inspiration is something that writers need. Yes, I said need. As a writer, inspiration is a key element in writing.
How do you prevent writer's block, you ask? Well, really there's no way to stop writer's block. It's something you kinda have to go with. "Go with the flow."
However, you can keep inspiration going. I like to use these few key steps:
1. Prayer
    With prayer, we can ask God to inspire us and give us the words to get our message across.
2. Concentration
    Try to put yourself in a place where you can focus on what you're doing. Try to keep from watching while writing, because, then, you'll only get about 100 words or so done. Yes, I say this from experience. :)
3. Time
    Don't have time to focus? Make time. I'm sure there's something you could do to make time for writing.
The most important part to writing is... DON'T GET STRESSED! When you're stressed, you can't concentrate. When you can't concentrate, you can't write.
So, to that end, I bid you a fond farewell, and I pray that you can steer clear from the dreadful disease known only as WRITER'S BLOCK!\

Bye,
Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment