Monday, April 23, 2012

"Unbroken" - a poem


Here is a poem I wrote yesterday. :) Enjoy!

Unbroken

I was broken, lost, alone.
I wore scars as emblems of past mistakes.
I blocked others out, made my heart like stone.
I silenced myself, afraid to further break.

I pleaded for death to take me away
I pleaded for the Grim Reaper to steal my soul
For I had nothing further to say
I didn’t think I could be whole

But One whose mercy was everlasting
Whose love was never-failing
Saw my pain and sorrow
And kept me from the passing

His hands reached out to me
His eyes bore into me
His grace uplifted me
His mercy redeemed me

He kissed my scars and told me,
“These aren’t emblems of sorrow,
But of what I saved you from.
They’re a promise of tomorrow.”



Brian McBride 2012 ©

1 comment:

  1. Wow, it's beautiful. Very touching! Nicely written. I love it.

    ReplyDelete