Wednesday, June 6, 2012

"The Dreamers" by Oliver Dahl - A Book Review

Sam Kullen is a Dreamer. Every night he dreams, and he lives each one. Together, the Dreamers must stop Malfix from taking over the Dream Realm, and Earth itself. The Dreamers also have the ability to control events on Earth through their dreams. Sam and the Dreamers must prevent Malfix from controlling things... for the worse.


Okay, I actually finished this book a couple of days ago. I just am now finally getting around to reviewing it.
    First off, I must commend Oliver Dahl for his wonderful writing skill and ability to catch a reader's interest from the start.
    I'd love to say that this book was perfect, but it's not. No book is.
Though the vast majority tend to be very enjoyable, they're not perfect. Each book has its quirks, as does The Dreamers.
    I don't like to beat people down, so I'll make this quick then move onto the good points.
    The story seemed to move a little fast, but that is just my opinion. For others, it could move at a perfect rate. I, on the other hand, prefer my stories to be a little more fleshed out.
    Another point to note was that there seemed to be quite a bit of mild language that I didn't expect. "Cr*p" is used, as is "fre*k*ng"; the phrase "h-e-double-hockey-sticks" is used in place of "h*ll"; the abbreviation "P.O." is used in place of "p**s*d off".
    On the other hand, the story was fantastically written, the characters were great. The plot was great and I commend Oliver Dahl for writing and successfully self-publishing his masterpiece, The Dreamers.
    All in all, I thoroughly enjoyed this book and will most definitely return to it someday.
    I recommend The Dreamers to anyone 10 and up, who are interested in a fascinating young-adult science fiction novel written by a fellow teenager.

God bless,
Brian

(Please, do not take offense by anything written in this review. This is my honest opinion and should not be judged as fact. Also, any offense is unintentional.)

3 comments:

  1. Nice review! Sounds like it might be an interesting book. If I find it I might give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your review! I'm super glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete