Friday, June 15, 2012

"Precisely Terminated" by Amanda L. Davis - A Book Review

I know, I know. It's about time, right? I just finished it this morning. :D
I'd first like to applaud Amanda for publishing her book and writing such a wonderful piece.

    When I started Precisely Terminated, I found it refreshing to be reading a Christian dystopian piece. You rarely find books like that.
    I found the beginning exhilarating and it immediately drew me into the story and I was forced to sympathize with the wall slaves, the Seen, and most of all Monica.
    For the first one-hundred pages, I couldn't put the book down, but as things started to cool down in the plot-line, I managed to put it down, sometimes a week at a time. Now, I personally do not believe that this is a fault of the author. She did a great job in articulating this book. The fact that I was able to put it down rests solely on my shoulders.
    As shocking as it may be, I wasn't in the mood to read. *pauses for shocked gasps* I know, I know. Shame on me, but it's true. This also rests on the fact that I was busy preparing my book to be sent into the Munce Group 2012 Writing Contest with Westbow.
    Now down to the nitty-gritty. Language - none; inappropriate content or innuendo - Monica takes a bath is as "inappropriate" as this book gets; violence - mild: Monica loses parts of her fingers, stumbles across a skeleton, is man-handled by a Noble named Gerald, deaths of those whose chips Monica receives are described, though in little detail, etc...;
    I fully recommend this book to lovers of clean, Christ-centered, dystopian/fantasy.

5 of 5 stars

    Congrats, again, Amanda Davis!

God bless,
Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment